Spring cabbage is sweet and juicy.
I wanted to eat something healthy, simple and cheap.
I don't use rice cooker ( I used to have one. When the old one was broken, I was looking for new one. Nowadays Japanese rice cookers are so high-tech and also expensive. Additionally they are too big for my small apartment. I decided to go with donabe --- earthen pot. You can use regular pot. ) . Used earthen pot.
Spring cabbage is sweet and juicy. I wouldn't say it is super delicious, but it was savory.
Ingredients: ( for two servings or one donabe )
- Cabbage......two three big leaves chopped
- Carrot......1/2 or one small carrot chopped
- Parsley......Just to decorate, so a pinch ( chopped )
- Deep fried tofu: 1/2 cut chopped......1/2 cut chopped
- Maggi Soup Stock(Consomme)......1 tea spoon (Granulated or 1 cube) Any brand is fine.
- Salt......a pinch
- Pepper......To your taste
- Butter......1 table spoon
- Rice......1 cup
- Water......3/4 cup ( usually 1 cup. But because of the water from cabbage, it's less )
How to make
Wash rice and soak the rice in water for over 30 min.
Drain the water, add all the ingredients except parsley and 3/4 cup of water ( fresh water ).
Cover the lid, start cooking. Bring it to boil.
When boiled, reduce heat to low. keep cooking. Soon you will hear the spit-spat sound. Till the sound stops, keep cooking, then turn off the heat. Leave it for 20 min. or so to steam. It will be ready.