Rice 1 cup
Water 3/4 cup
Sesame Oil 1 table spoon
Daikon Radish 15cm cut into strips
Burdock Root 15cm thinly sliced
(Chinese Cabbage ) ( I used some remains, so not necessary )
Deep Fried Beancurd 1 piece cut into strips
Soy Sauce 1 table spoon for cooking radish & *2 tea spoon for cooking rice
Mirin ( Rice Wine ) *2 tea spoon
Sake *1 table spoon
Seaweed Tea Powder *1 tea spoon ( or a little square of sea kelp )
--- If you cannot find this, fine without it.
How to Make
1) Heat the pan and pour sesame oil into it.
2) Cook radish and burdock root first. When the radish becomes translucent,
add deep fried beancurd and cook for about 3 min.
3) Add 1 table spoon of soy sauce into the pan. The radish is ready.
4) Wash rice a few times in the earthenware pot and add water and * marked seasonings.
Leave the rice for 30 min.
5) Put 3) ( radish and burdock) on the rice and cover the lid.
6) Heat the pan over medium - high heat till the rice starts boiling.
7) As soon as the rice boiled, lower the heat to the lowest to avoid overflowing.
8) Cook for another 10 to 15 min. If you smell burning, that's overcooked, turn off the heat immediately.
9) Just leave with lid covered for another 10 to 15 min.
10) Open the lid and stir the rice. Enjoy!